Websites became necessary in our businesses. And According to the latest report, in 2022, more than 1.74 billion websites have been promoted, and the number is rapidly increasing every day. Website owners constantly search for the best framework or programming language that will help them to up their webpages from the competitors.
PHP is such a framework that has been used to program a website for years. 8 of 10 websites use this PHP component. It is used by 78.9% of websites, and its programming language is familiar. But the strange thing is, though there is plenty of advanced technologies, why do people still demand PHP services?
Today we are going to answer your question in this article. If you also want to find the reason, stay with us until the end.
What does PHP mean?
PHP or Hypertext Pre-processor is the most popular programming language used to develop highly robust, dynamic, and scalable web pages and apps for businesses. It was designed in 1994 by Rasmus Lerdorf.
The PHP framework webpage is enough to power to operate all major systems, and it is best for developing a dynamic, fast, and secure website with ease.
The positive side of using PHP
World wide web developers use PHP as it includes the following advantages.
- 1.High Speed: PHP rules over web development mainly because of its speed. As the PHP website uses its memory during loading, therefore, takes very little time compared to other languages. Its processing speed is quite impressive. Even if the developer is less experienced, the PHP web will do the task faster and easier.
- 2.Open Source: PHP-based websites are free, and the developers are not charged any extra to use it, which is why it grabs more customers.
- 3. Scalability: A websites’ scalability plays a major part in developing a website. And web developers always wander for such language that will handle increasing traffics. PHP web solutions are capable and extendable for stirring huge users. So, PHP-based websites have no such issues related to scalability.
- 4. Active Community: The developers of the PHP community are very active. Whenever the developer sticks, it provides help immediately. The community also helps share updates, improvisations-related data, or suggestions to stay in the race. As PHP websites conclude a large and active community, the developer enjoys working with the language.
- 5.Frameworks and Updated: PHP framework has updated itself with new features that made its use easier. The latest PHP frameworks are Laravel, Symfony, Lamina, Cake, Yii, Code Igniter. The PHP Laravel Framework was raised as the best with some fantastic features.
- 6. Customizations: As PHP contains rich libraries and elementary tools, it lets the developers generate a website that fits the customer’s requirements.
It can also be used with other languages such as Ruby or Java to increase the functionality.
All the above frameworks use easy modules and own libraries and create an ecosystem that speeds up the process of development. Its latest function attracts the developers as it is flexible to generate the design that a developer needs. WordPress is such a CMS developed by PHP that fully satisfies every business’s needs.
The negative side of using PHP
No doubt, PHP language is useful for web development, but on the side, it has disadvantages too. So, let us see the disadvantages without getting biased. Here are the top three drawbacks –
- 1. Lack of Libraries for the current requirement: Though PHP has a set of its libraries, it is unable to stand against Python in a learning machine. It is that effective or fast compared to Python’s Scikit-Learn, Keras, Theano, and TensorFlow. So PHP can be your best choice if your app demands ML functionality.
- 2.Falling Popularity: PHP has several reference documentation, a large community, and an easier framework. Therefore, novice developers mostly prefer Python; rarely add PHP in their skillset.
- 3. Security Flaws:
Why PHP is on-demand?
Several big giants in their projects have used PHP components. Such websites are like Wikipedia, Facebook, WordPress, Yahoo, and more.
PHP never went backdated because the entrepreneurs and the developers both prefer this language for their projects. The reasons are simple- Flexibility, multiple integration opportunities, nativity, high speed.
Moreover, PHP mold itself with the latest digital variation trends and web developments that keep you ahead of the competitors.